Sunday, April 27, 2008

5K Fun Run

Marc and I (Gene) did this 5K race at Cal State Fullerton on Saturday. It was pretty fun. We ended up competing slightly, but it turns out we are well matched since we finished within seconds of each other. I also enjoyed the free t-shirt, and free health snacks we got. here are some pictures.



Stretching and warming up



Just before the race started



Crossing the finish with Marc hot on my tail



Marc crossing the finish




I was a little bit puzzled that my time was slower than my practice runs around my neighborhood, i think Marc felt the same way.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you beat the Rueckert you know you did a good job!

Amanda said...

Love it! Gene you are looking good these days. My favorite pictures are of the two of you stretching...nice!

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

Look at you, you little butt kicker! Was Julie mad she didn't run it?

Jeff and Amy said...

Way to kick Marc's buttox...as Dad would say, it's because you a Jensen...

Unknown said...

Congrates on the race! Now, how can we get Geoff as motived as you and Marc to start running. I don't know how the Mud run is going to work out. We're signed up though

Gene said...

I do need to be clear on something to be fair to Marc. I am not just trying to be modest. Marc was ahead of me most of the race. When the race started I took off pretty fast to get ahead of the main crowd. when i thought i had put some distance between Marc and i, i looked back and he was right behind me. Then i slowed down to normal pace. That is when Marc pulled away. He stayed about 50yards ahead of me for most of the way. I began catching up to him around the last mile. When i was about 10 yards behind him, he started walking because of a side ache and a water drinking malfunction. I punched him on the arm as I passed him. We finished the race only seconds apart. So, there is the whole story. Those who know me know i am not super competitive. I did not really kick his butt, infact, a few small things and i would have been seconds behind him. Of course, Marc refused to make excuses.

Luisa said...

You beat me Frickerereerererererrrr!

Gene said...

So, like Marc said. I beat him. Which means I am the best. No one should mess with me because you now see what will happen. you will be smelling my cheap cologne at the finish line.

Forest said...

Hey Gene,

I couldn't find how to email you so I hope you don't mind me posting this here in the comments.

The address of my blog is:
http://forestferkin.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I cant even run a half a mile without taking a break lol

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

I kind of like Gene but I'm not sure Cheryl will go for it.