Sunday, December 16, 2007

London is Calling!!

For those of you who's ears my voice has not reached, our baby was born yesterday (December 15th). Julie's water broke at our house at around 8pm and we rushed to the hospital. Her contractions began getting real painful and close together at around 9:30. She was not able to receive an epidural like originally requested because the drug dude was busy, combined with the fact that the delivery was real short. The baby was born at 11:15pm which made the ordeal about 3.5 hours long all together. London Elaine Jensen was born 7lbs 10oz, 19.5in long. What was real interesting is that she hardly made a peep after coming out. The doctor tried to make her cry to make sure she was OK, and she gave out a short little cry which lasted about half a second just to put the doctors concerns to rest. This was all we heard from her for a long time. She would just move her eyes around the room as if she could actually see anything, checking things out and trying to make sense of it all, unsuccessfully I think. The feeling is equally powerful the second child around, like I expected. Julie is super excited to have the baby out. London shares a birthday with my grandfather, Gerald Becker (deceased), which has great significance to my side of the family. She looks a lot different than Avery did in my opinion, but the verdict is not in yet whether she looks more like Julie or like me. You decide. What I have noticed is that most people who know Julie better than me say she looks like Julie, and those who know me better say she looks like me. I guess because she has resemblances to both of us. Anyways, enjoy the pictures.
More London Photos: Click Here

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Seriously, she is so freakin adorable. Felicidades hermano.

DeAnne said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful! I can't really decide who she looks like, but I'm leaning towards Julie (I guess your theory is right Gene!)

Chris said...

She is a cute little baby. I am here to disprove your theory. She totally looks like Bilbo Baggins.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to say Julie. It's hard to say this early...looks like she IS Avery's sister, but i'm thinking the nose is gonna be a julie nose. She's so CUTE!

daveandmarie said...

She is beautiful, can´t wait to see her when we get home

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, its the Lundblades!!
Wow, she is so so cute! congratulations!!!

Luisa said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to see her. I think she looks like Avery. Actually, I have no idea...but since everyone else picks you or Julie, I figured I'd go neutral and pick Avery.

Katz said...

she's beautiful! congratulations!