My aerobatics flight was actually 2 Saturdays ago but I am just now getting to posting it. I will make the talk short. We suited up (parachutes), and preflighted the plane. I took off, and did all the normal stuff. Then the instructor showed me some aerobatic maneuvers. After he showed me how to do it, he let me try it. He said I did well. Here are the maneuvers we did.
Wingover: a steep climbing turn with 90 degrees bank for 90 degrees of turn, then let the nose drop and decend rapidly until leveling off at 180 degrees turn (not on the video).
Barel Roll: Different than the typical idea of a barel roll. This maneuver is a 360 degree roll with back pressure on the stick which makes it look more like a corkscrew.
Spins: Slow the airplane down by dropping the power and pitching the nose. When the airplane slows down so that it cannot produce lift, the nose drops and plane falls out of sky. that coupled with full rudder make for quite the spinning sensation. This is also where I began to feel sick.
Aileron roll: this is most peoples impression of a barrel roll. basically fly straight and 360 degrees of roll.
After the aileron roll, I - to my suprise- got really sick. I didnt throw up but i felt like i could any moment. I brought it back in for a pretty nice landing and I will try to do better next time on the air sickness.
3 comments:
Wow that is pretty crazy. I think I would be so scared and get SO sick!
oh my goodness! I love your blog! It was great hanging out with you Julie and your cute girls today. Can't wait till next time.
checkout our blog.
That sounds pretty fun. My uncle would do this mild maneuver in his Cessna for us where he would rise up and the drop really fast so that we would all go weightless for about 5 seconds. Tame compared to what you were doing but we loved it!
Post a Comment