Tuesday, January 15, 2008

General Aviation.

My life at the airport (my second home) often consists of watching or looking at other airplanes (Better ones than I fly) and wishing I could be flying them. Below are a couple of pictures of some of the planes I have seen recently.

Small and fast, the glassair is a zipper. fun to fly (so i hear) with the bubble top canopy windshield, and retractable gear.


this is a great family airplane. Bonanza A36. It has club seating in the back, seats six, and has a DVD player. It also cruises at 16ok (almost 200mph) which is pretty good for these small planes.


Apparently the owner of this plane is kind of a jerk. If he would let me fly this thing to Catalina, I would just land it (or crash it) in the Harbor, and avoid the $20 taxi ride from the airport. I have never flown a seaplane, but it looks fun.

This is part of the fleet at CFC. The plane I fly most of the time is the light blue colored one second from the last. To the average person, it looks just like the ones in front of it.


This Leer jet taxied past me while I was preflighting the plane, had to snap a shot.


they were doing some engine runups. Runup area is just across the taxiway from CFC.

2 comments:

Forest said...

Cool planes! My uncle owned a Cessna that seated 6 people. Was it a 210? or something like that? Anyway we had lots of great rides in it. He used to fly it to the Colorado River when we would go boating and he took us for a fly over Hoover Dam (pre-9/11).

daveandmarie said...

wow fly to Germany and come and see us, Not ready yet? HUH!